The Ely School Nurse would like to welcome students and parents back to school for the 2022-2023 school year! The school nurse can answer questions about illnesses, immunization records, etc. Feel free to get in touch with any of your questions or concerns.
The Ely Public School Nurse is Kathy Champa. She is now located in the new building located just inside the front doors. If you have questions please feel free to contact Kathy Champa at 365-6166 ext 1741 or
Illness Or Injury
Regular attendance at school is of the utmost importance but we suggest that you do not send your child to school if they show signs of the following:
- Fever: Do not attend school if fever is above 100 degrees F orally, before fever-reducing medications.
- Diarrhea: Do not attend school until diarrhea stops or medical exam indicates that it is not communicable.
- Vomiting: If a student vomits during the school day, a parent/guardian is expected to pick up their child.
- Rash with fever: Do not attend school until a healthcare provider indicates that it is not communicable.
- Eye drainage: Do not attend school until 24 hours after treatment of a purulent (pus) drainable.
- Strep throat: do not attend school until 24 hours of antibiotic treatment.
If a child becomes ill or is injured during the school day parents will be notified. Parents will be expected to pick up their child.