What is the Foundation?
The Ely Educational Foundation is a non-profit corporation which provides a permanent source of financial support to Ely Public School District 696 and to its students and graduates. It was established in 1988. Its Funds are used to advance education in the form of scholarships and to enhance and improve the education system through special projects.
How can I help?
Donations and Gifts. Individual giving through cash contributions and memorial gifts of any amount are accepted. Donations to the Educational Foundation, which has a 501(c)(3)tax-exempt status, are considered charitable gifts and are tax deductible.
Planned Giving. A planned gift allows a donor to make a more significant gift than was possible during his/her lifetime and provides a sustainable source of income for the Foundation. All contributions including estates, bequests, charitable trusts, life insurance, and gifts in kind are accepted.
Donations can be mailed to: Ely Educational Foundation P.O. Box 373 Ely, MN 55731
Who manages the foundation?
The management of the foundation funds is vested in a board of directors. Current members include:
- President: Darlene (Preshiren) Nemanich, class of 1959
- Vice President: Bob Latourell, class of 1988
- Secretary: Cheri (Patterson) Debeltz, Hibbing High School, class of 1995
- Treasurer: Ann (Jamnick) Johnson, class of 1989
- Phyllis (Koschak) Olson, class of 1963
- Geri (Kosir) Koschak, class of 1960
- Connie (Mavetz) Coughlin, class of 1988
- Ryan Anderson, Elk River High School, Class of 2000
The Superintendent of Schools, District 696, serves as an ex-officio member.