1. Congratulations are in order to our State Ski Team participants.
2. Band Lessons are WEEK B this week. 5th grade Tuesday. 6th grade Wednesday.
3. Key Club will meet today during advisory in the media center. (J. Swanson, ECR)
4. Dress up day today is “Summer in Ely Day” for grades 9-12. Tomorrow will be “Healthcare Day”. (Mrs. Lassi)
5. Cocoa & Donut Social will be today during 2nd hr. in the cafeteria. Students should report to their 2nd hr. class for attendance and your teacher will dismiss you to the social. Donuts $ .75, Hot Chocolate $ .50, if you buy both the cost is $1.00 (C. DeRemee/Mrs. Lassi)
6. To ALL students who are going to participate in spring athletic activities: you MUST have a physical exam on file in the athletic office prior to the first day of practice. You will not be allowed to practice until you have an exam on file. If you are unsure of whether you need a physical, see Mr. Omerza. (Mr. Omerza)
7. All Seniors and Sophomores: Jostens will be in Mr. Lah’s room on Thursday, Feb. 21st at 9:00 a.m. to meet with seniors regarding graduation cap & gowns and announcements. (You will also have a short class meeting.) Sophomores will meet in Mr. Lah’s room at 9:30 a.m. regarding class rings. (Office)
8. Winter Frolic Semi-formal Dance for grades 9-12 will be Saturday, Feb. 23rd in the cafeteria from 9:00 p.m. to midnight. Cost is $5.00 if you are “dressed up” $6.00 if you are not. (K. Navarro/Mrs. Lassi)
9. Grades 10 & 11: ZAPS Learning Company is offering an ACT Test Prep Session at Mesabi Range College in Virginia on March 2. This course is a 6 hour session that presents the 4 sections of the ACT, study skills, and practice tests. ECR is offering 12 full scholarships to cover the cost of $79. Please see Ms. Pender before February 20th if you are interested. (Ms. Pender)
10. 5-8th Ala Carte Line this week will be grades 7 & 8 go first. (Mrs. Kess)
11. Girls State/Boys State: There will be a meeting on Thursday, Feb 21st during advisory for 11th graders interested in attending Girls State or Boys State. The meeting will be in the guidance office. (Ms. Pender)
12. Reminder to all students: Food or Beverages are NOT allowed in the media center. (Mrs. Klun)
13. Ely Art Club for grades 6-12 will meet after school today in room 206. (A. Oelke)