1. Breakfast Monday: French Toast Sticks w/ syrup, fresh fruit, Juicy juice, milk.
2. Lunch Today: Quesadilla wedges w/ salsa & sour cream, refried beans, fresh broccoli w/ dip, pears, milk.
3. As of Monday, May 9th, no charging of doubles, or ale carte items unless there is money in your account or you have cash. You will be allowed a meal, however NO extras. Also, please remember that we do not give cash back. (Cafeteria Staff)
4. Change is still being collected for Jacob Caliri’s fund raiser to help with his cancer treatment. The collection jar is in the office.
5. The media center will be closed during advisory TODAY. (Mrs. Klun)
6. There will NOT be math corps today. (M. Olson)
7. Grades 8-11, Student Council next year will have four representatives from each grade. If you are interested on being on Student Council please leave your name at the office or with Mrs. Lassi (even if you have already signed up) by Monday, May 9th. Students in each grade will vote for their representatives on Tuesday, May 10th. (R. Lassi)
8. Today’s Dress-up Day is EXTREME Red & White day! (Student Council)
9. Girls’ Group, grades 9-12, will meet TODAY in the media center during advisory. (Ms. Moyer)
10. A Benefit to help Jacob Calirifund his fight against cancer is Saturday May 7th from 4:00 – 8:00 P.M. at Amici’s Event Center. There will b a spaghetti dinner & silent auction. Entertainment by Crazy Neighbors.
11. Middle School Band Festivalstudents will depart the school at 8:00 a.m. TODAY for their trip to Two Harbors. Please arrive early to gather your instruments and music. The bus will be parked buy the football stadium. (Ms. Mason)
12. Aladdin Cast Membersshould check into their 1st hr. class TODAY then be excused to the auditorium. (Mr. Rouse)
13. Just what you wished for! Join the Middle School Musical Theater Class as they present the timeless classic, "Aladdin" on Friday May 6 at 7 p.m. and a Matinee performance on Sunday May 8 at 2 p.m. (Mr. Rouse)
14. Dance Team Tryouts for 2016-2017 will be held Saturday, May 7th from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. in the school gym. Please bring dance shoes and wear comfortable, but not baggy, clothes. This is for students in grades 8-11. (A. Vanderbeek)
15. Girls’ Softballwill be excused at 1:00 p.m. Monday for their game in I. Falls. (Coach McDonald)
16. Music & Dram Scholarship applications need to be turned in by 3:00 p.m. Monday, May 9th. Be sure to include the recommendation. (J. Larson)
1. Breakfast Monday: Pillsbury mini Cinnis, fresh fruit, Juicy juice, milk.
2. Lunch Today: Garlic cheese bread w/ pizza sauce, garden salad w/ dressing, fresh broccoli, pineapple tidbits, milk.
3. Reminder to Students, wrestling is NOT allowed during your lunch break or recess. (Mrs. M. Anderson)
4. Voting for 2016-17 Class Officers will take place today after announcements. Please vote for candidates who will do a good job for your class. (R. Lassi)
5. Mid Term for Quarter 4is TODAY. (Mrs. M. Anderson)
6. May Lunch & Breakfast menus are in the office if you would like to pick one up.
7. All Students, if you are interested in a cooking class, which could potentially include recipes and items to make at home with your family, please sign up in the office. The University of Minnesota extension and Ely Food Shelf are looking at putting a class together if there is enough student interest. (Mrs. M. Anderson)
8. Boys’ Jr. High Baseball players will be excused at 2:15 TODAY for their game in Virginia. (Coach Ivancich)
9. Patrol Membersshould go to the cafeteria at 2:00 p.m. TODAY for their 3rd quarter reward. (Mrs. Olson)
10. Girls’ & Boys’ Track Team memberswill be excused at 2:15 TODAY for their meet in Virginia. (Coach Dusich & Helms)
11. Boys’ Jr. High Golfmembers will leave at 3:00 p.m. today for their meet in Babbitt. (Coach Simonich)
12. Girls’ Group, 9-12th, will meet TODAY during advisory in the media center. (Ms. Moyer)
13. Juniors & Seniors: Today is the last day to buy tickets to the Junior/Senior The cost is $20.00 to attend. The banquet is 6:00 p.m. Wednesday, May 4th at Amici’s . (Ms. Hart)
14. Wyldlife Club, Sunday, May 1st, from 4:00 - 5:30p.m. at the Keller's! PHOTO SCAVENGER HUNT CLUB! Bring your friends! Questions Call Mike 235 7190
15. Boys’ A & B squad Baseball and Girls’ Softball Players will be excused at 12:45 Monday, May 2nd for their games at South Ridge. (Coach McDonald and Ivancich)
16. Student Council sponsored, “Spring Fling” week, for grades 9-12, will start out Monday night with a kickball tournament at the baseball field from 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. No sign-up is necessary – just show up!! (R. Lassi)
17. Seniors, Jostens will be here on Monday, May 2nd at 8:00 a.m. to distribute your caps and gowns. Please meet them in the office.
18. Spring Fling semi-formal dance for grades 7-9th will be Saturday, April 30th from 8:30 p.m. – 11:30 p.m. in the small gym. Cost is $5.00 Hope to see you there! (9th grd. Class)
1. Breakfast Monday: Pancake & sausage on a stick w/ syrup fresh fruit, Juicy juice, milk.
2. Lunch Today: Popcorn shrimp w/ tarter sauce, potato smiles, buttered carrots, pears, milk.
3. Boys’ Varsity Baseball Team memberswill be excused at 12:45 p.m. today for their game at Littlefork. (Coach Ivancich)
4. Online Class 2nd hrwill meet in the elementary computer lab on Monday, April 25th due to MCA testing. (Mrs. Klun)
5. A University of Minnesota Duluth representative will be visiting at 1:00 on Monday. Please see Mr. Townsend or the office if you are interested in meeting with them. (Mr. Townsend)
6. Girls interested in attending High Kix Dance Camp this summer and plan to apply for youth grants through the Gardner Trust need to get applications in by today. (L. Porthan)
7. The Prom Grand March will begin at 6:00 p.m. Saturday, April 23rd at the Washington Auditorium. (J. Hart)
8. Girls’ Softball Team memberswill be excused at 1:45 p.m. Monday, April 25th for their game in Silver Bay. (Coach Ivancich)
9. 10th Grade Reading MCA testwill be Monday, April 25th. Go to your 1st hr. class for attendance then report to the media center if your last name begins with A-K or the computer lab for last names L-Z. (Mrs. Kess)
10. Grade 6 Math MCA testis Tuesday, April 26th from 12:30 -2:55 p.m. Students should report to their 5th hr. class for attendance then A – J go to the media center and K-V to the computer lab. (Mrs. Kess)
11. Iron Range Science & Engineering Festival at the Minnesota Discovery Centeris Tuesday, April 26th. Our 7th grade students will be gone all day. (Mrs. Hart)
12. Spring Fling semi-formal dance for grades 7-9th will be Saturday, April 30th from 8:30 p.m. – 11:30 p.m. in the small gym. Cost is $5.00 Hope to see you there! (9th grd. Class)
13. Penny Drive: The Ely Key Club, Student Council, IRYA, and NHS are coordinating a Penny Drive for former Ely student, Jacob Caliri. Please bring your spare change to the office. (A. Urbas)
1. Breakfast Tomorrow: Blueberry pancakes w/ syrup, fresh fruit, juicy juice , milk.
2. Lunch Today :Pork steak, mashed potatoes & gravy, green beans, apples, dinner roll, milk.
3. IRYA will meet today in Mr. Lah’s room during advisory. (Mr. Lah)
4. Middle Schoolers! Wednesday is “Wacky Wednesday” dress up with mismatched and crazy clothes. ( Ms. Kingsley)
5. Middle School Dodgeballtournament during advisory. Check in with your advisory teacher for attendance before going to the gym. (Ms. Kingsley)
6. Middle School Doughnut Social will be Wednesday, Feb. 10th during advisory in the cafeteria. This is FREE to middle school students. (Ms. Kingsley)
7. Key Club will meet Wednesday during advisory in the cafeteria. (J. Swanson, ECR)
8. Make your Mardi Gras maskfor the up -coming masquerade dance sponsored by the French Club. Go to room 215 during advisory on Wednesday, Feb. 10th. Cost is$3 for Non-decorated and $5 for pre-decorated. (Ms. Moyer)
9. Masquerade/Mardi Gras Dance for grades 9-12 will be Friday, Feb. 12th from 9:00-11:30 p.m. in the cafeteria. Cost is $5 if you are wearing a mask or Mardi Gras colors; gold, green purple, $6 if you are not. (Ms. Moyer/French Club)
10. Hey Middle Schoolers!Don't forget about the dance this SATURDAY night in the cafeteria from 7 until 10 PM. The cost is $4, and pop and water will be sold.See Ms. Kingsley with questions.
1. Breakfast tomorrow: Apple or Cherry Pillsbury frudel, fresh fruit, juicy juice , milk.
2. Lunch Today :Sub sandwich, turkey, ham, am. cheese on bun w/ lettuce, tomato, mayo, onion, pickles & peppers, tri taters, corn, mandarin oranges milk.
3. Art Clubfor grades 6-12, will meet today in the art room during advisory. (Ms. Chick)
4. IRYA will meet today during advisory in Mr. Lah’s room. (Mr. Lah)
5. There will NOT be Girls’ Group Friday. (Ms. Moyer)
6. Middle Schoolers! Next week is WINTER MELTDOWN! Be sure to sign up TODAY, THURSDAY, and FRIDAY during lunch for the Advisory Dodgeball Tournament! Teams will be posted by advisory FRIDAY. See Ms. Kingsley with any questions.
7. Middle Schoolers! Monday is Matching Monday! Get with your BFF or whole group and figure out matching outfits! See Ms. Kingsley with questions.
8. You are invited to SCRUBS camp! June 20 – 22nd. Middle School camp is hosted by St. Cloud Tech college, High School camp is hosted by St. Cloud State Univ. This is for students interested in nursing, medical lab. Science, social work, dentistry and will include field trips and fitness boot camp. Come to the office for more information. (Ms. McGrane)
For weather related closings and postponements please contact 365-6166 extension 4